01/06/2011

Oaks

I've already posted my thoughts on this race having backed Wonder of Wonders immediately after her victory in the Cheshire Oaks last month. She looks a progressive filly who will stay and she also has a pedigree to die for. At Chester the horse that was eventually second got first run on her but the winner soon got in the clear once she got into top gear in the straight and I feel she is better than the bare result suggest. Amongst her opponents I have to respect the claims of the favourite, the One Thousand Guineas winner Blue Bunting, a filly who is bred to improve for the step up in trip. However I thought that race was a strange affair this year with the powerful head wind making it a tough ask to stay the mile unless you were bred to stay a bit further. That said this isn't a bet where my main motivation is opposing the market leader - I was just really taken with my selection in her trial and think she's got a really good chance of being a special filly. I took 8/1 initially and have topped up a few times since.

Wonder of Wonders £80w @ 54/10 (lost)


(-340)

No comments:

Post a Comment