05/06/2014

Epsom - 6th June

    In my entry earlier in the week I wrote that I didn't see much of any angle for a bet in the Oaks tomorrow and on the face of it I have gone against that in backing Taghrooda but she has drifted to a backable price now (7/2 on Monday into 9/2 in a place this evening.) She created a very good impression in winning the Pretty Polly over 10f at the Guineas meeting and although the form of that race has not worked out well I'm prepared to chance her over this 2f further trip. She's out of a mare who won over a mile and six so should relish this extra distance and ultimately the way I see this is that this is the Oaks, not the Arc - and so scope for improvement over the trip is more important that a fillies actual form up to this point in her career; something we saw with the likes of Snow Fairy and Dancing Rain amongst recent winners. I'm prepared to chance her at the price. I'm not convinced Marvellous will stay and the Weld silly in the same ownership as my selection looks quite leggy and I think may not act on the track.

Oaks:
Taghrooda £40w @ 9/2 bog :) (won) 

(+618.1)


No comments:

Post a Comment