07/06/2014

Epsom - 7th June

    As I write it is tipping down at Epsom which is a shame as I was confident we'd see an improved effort from True Story with fast ground and 12f in his favour today compared to the conditions he faced in the Dante. I only have a small position on him and I will not be topping up with the ground set to be at best good to soft. I also have a compensatory position on Australia via a losing bet at York a couple of weeks ago. There is no evidence he wont act on soft but his trainer has pointed out he is a better horse on decent ground. I'm looking forward to the race but have no strong opinions on it now.

    I backed Ruler of the World for the Coronation Cup earlier in the week but he doesn't run after sustaining some kind of minor injury during a work session on Wednesday morning. I think Cirrus Des Aigles is very vulnerable at a short price over a trip further than ideal but can't find anything to beat him with Flintshire being a good ground animal. I'm leaving it alone.


Coronation Cup:
Ruler of the World £40w @ 5/2 (NR)

Derby:
Berkshire £10w @ 25/1 (NR)
True Story £15w @ 92/10 (lost)
(Free bet via Astaire: Australia £25@5/4) (won)

(+584.25)

No comments:

Post a Comment