18/06/2014

Royal Ascot - Day 3

    A slightly frustrating day overall although I was pleased with my Magician bet and have a free bet to place within the next week. Jamie Spencer was horrible on Gabrial's Kaka, dragging him towards the standside depite his draw and repeatedly getting into trouble. My one bet tomorrow is in the Britannia and thankfully he isn't riding him.

    Zarwaan is a 3yo I've already backed this season when he ran well in second behind Chatez in a valuable event at Haydock that looks solid from a form point of view. He was a touch outpaced early on in that race on the soft ground and was settled towards the rear as they entered the straight but he fair powered home in the last couple of furlongs and I think he's a smart colt. He was also second first time out and the horse that beat him that day at Newbury was runner-up in the Jersey earlier on today (front two clear) and I just think he's a very likeable horse who is handicapped well enough to win a decent race this season. He has also won on fast ground. I know long term the way to go is bet win only in these big handicaps but the Britannia is a bit different to the Hunt Cup and the Wokingham as a race for 3yos only so lord only knows what could be hiding towards the bottom of the weights and with five places paid and a decent draw I find it hard to see the horse out of the frame.

Britannia Handicap:
Zarwaan £25w £15pl @ 12/1 (5th)

(+474.25)

No comments:

Post a Comment