20/06/2014

Royal Ascot - Day 4

    Today looks tricky and the only horse that even vaguely appeals is the Jean-Claude Rouget trained Lesstalk in Paris who runs in the Coronation Stakes. This is a race full of opposable fillies with the favourite having her first run of the season, Lightning Thunder possibly due for a break having taken in the English and Irish Guineas and Rizeena being a disappointment thus far this season. It's true my selection was also something of a disappointment in the Pouliches but I've read she was in season that day and so that run is easily forgotten. She took the Prix de la Grotte first time out but set a steady pace in front that day and I'm not hanging my hat on that form. What I am banking on is the hope that she starts confirming the impression she made in the Boussac last autumn and also that she improves for racing on a fast surface, ground she should love given she is by Cape Cross. It's a trappy race I haven't a good record in and I've written on here numerous times of my poor record with big priced runners in group races so I'm just having a place bet and have had 4.5 matched on the machine earlier today.

Coronation Stakes:
Lesstalk in Paris £40pl @ 7/2 (2nd)

(+607.25)

No comments:

Post a Comment