19/08/2015

York - 19th Aug

    It rained pretty steadily at York yesterday and the ground is now good to soft. Presuming a dry day it will probably be near to good by race time and I would expect Gleneagles to run, if only because if they pull him what's the alternative - you could just as easily have worse ground at Leopardstown next month. The Juddmonte's roll of honour is stacked full of 12f animals and I would always prefer that type animal over milers stepping up (Frankel was a massive outlier.) The Grey Gatsby remains over priced at 12/1 and I expect him to run his best race of the year today. Last time out in the Eclipse Golden Horn did eventually put him in his place but at one point he looked a massive danger and that was in a race really not run to suit him given the relatively sedate pace they went that day. TGG loves York, it's long straight and a fast pace to go at and he gets his optimum conditions for the first time today. I can't see him out of the first three but admit that Golden Horn will be tough to beat. Another thing to consider though is that York has a history of producing shock results - I also wonder about Golden Horn being fit and ready for the King George, being pulled, and then having to be bought to his peak again so soon after. I have a sneaky he'll go close today.

    Oasis Fantasy is a horse I've banged on about a lot this season and I'm on him again today. His run behind Quest for More at Goodwood back in May was franked again at Glorious Goodwood even though the horse himself ran poorly on the opening day. He was never really put in the race though and in my opinion booking Hughes for that ride during his retirement week was a mistake. I'm disappointed Oasis Fantasy won't make the Ebor now as I slightly prefer that trip over the two miles he runs over today but I cannot see him run without my money on as he remains well handicapped. I took a bit of 8/1 when prices were released and have topped up since.

Juddmonte International:
The Grey Gatsby £30ew @ 105/10 (3rd)

Fine Equinity Handicap:
Oasis Fantasy £20w @ 8/1 and £15ew @ 15/2 (4th)

(-448.63)

No comments:

Post a Comment