17/08/2015

York Thoughts

    


    Despite not being allowed the week off I am very excited about the Ebor meeting upcoming from Wednesday and the Juddmonte looks easily the race of the year. I was a bit premature with my bet on The Grey Gatsby as he's lengthened since my money went on but I've topped up at those bigger prices so it's all good. I find it hard to see him out of the frame and I honestly think he has a cracking chance of winning given the pace they'll likely go. I'll post my full thoughts on the race Wednesday morning.

    I was also premature with my ante-post bet on Oasis Fantasy for the Ebor as he misses the race for a two mile handicap also on Wednesday. I'm not overly bothered however as he'll have a leading chance in that race, his form with Quest for More earlier in the season has been franked twice by Charlton's horse now.

    Elsewhere I like Mange All in the mile handicap on Thursday. Some parts of his form from last season (with The Corsican for example) have been franked more than once. I've taken a small position (not 100% sure she runs) on the Francois Doumen trained Sea Calisi in the Yorkshire Oaks the same day. This is a progressive looking 3yo who will love the long straight and the fast ground. The front end of the market looks about right but the fillies there are far from unbeatable and this race looks the natural target for the selection as waiting for the Vermeille would involve running into Treve.

Juddmonte International:
The Grey Gatsby £30ew @ 105/10

Yorkshire Oaks:
Sea Calisi £15w @ 14/1

Ebor Handicap:
Oasis Fantasy NR £30

No comments:

Post a Comment