20/08/2015

York - 21st Aug

    Today hurt quite a bit, Sea Calisi ran an absolute smasher in the Yorkshire Oaks but being held up cost her the race behind the pace chasing Pleascach and the front running Covert Love. My Nap tomorrow is also a hold up horse which worries me quite a bit. I punted Mizzou in the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot and considering he didn't settle that well actually ran quite well to be beaten a little less than four lengths (he also covered more ground than the horses in front of him that day after having to be pulled wide to challenge.) He hasn't run since that day whereas a lot of his opponents in the Lonsdale Cup took in Goodwood or even ran in the King George in July. I fancy him quite strongly, he's still open to improvement and will get a faster pace tomorrow over this shorter trip. My one concern is is his hold up racing style and for that reason part of my stake is each way. I hope Cumani has different tactics in mind, he's shrewd enough of a trainer to be able to adapt.

    I've also re-acquainted myself with another Royal Ascot loser, Muthmir in the Nunthorpe. This horse would be around 7/2 for this without Acapulco in the race and although I fear the 2yo greatly given the ridiculous wfa here I'm happy to take 6/1 with the money back special concession for finishing second and good each way terms (1/4 and four places.) Muthmir ran a very nice race at Goodwood last time out under a penalty and has won at the track. Mange All was disappointing today for his trainer but Haggas is in rampant form with his Group horses.

Lonsdale Cup:
Mizzou £15ew @ 6/1 and £20w @ 62/10 (2nd)

Nunthorpe Stakes:
Muthmir £15ew @ 6/1 and £25w @ 6/1 (lost)

(-539.63)

No comments:

Post a Comment