16/11/2015

Ante-Post

    I don't think I've enjoyed a day's racing as much as yesterday's in quite some time. I had a winner, saw Sprinter Sacre finally look like a proper racehorse again and Faugheen getting beat was the icing on the cake. I still think the latter is the likeliest winner of the Champion Hurdle but he is vulnerable if not allowed to dominate (not that that was the reason he was beaten, he was very burly) and I can see Peace and Co doing him up that hill. I mentioned on Saturday how impressed I was with Shantou Village and whilst I was initially annoyed at my premature bet on him for the Neptune given that I didn't even think about the possibility of him being stepped up in trip I'm happy with the price I have and we'll just have to see if it's a wasted bet or not.

    As a stable follower it was nice to see Coo Star Sivola completely outrun his odds in the Triumph trial that opened Sunday's card and he looks a horse of some promise. Nick lacks a stable star now Reve De Sivola is coming to the end of his career and it's nice to see a good young one coming through. This Saturday is Betfair Chase day at Haydock which features the Fixed Brush race that Nick has won twice in recent years. With that in mind it's a certain bet that he'd have had the race in mind for Tea For Two for a long time (ran in the same prep race that Aubusson took in last season at Chepstow) and living not a million miles away from the track I was happy to see a fair amount of rain in the region as for the horse over the weekend - I took some 16/1 a couple of days back. He's off 141 now which is only half a stone more than the rating he had in the Lanzarote. This race is made for him and he'll probably go off in the 5 or 6/1 region.

Fixed Brush Handicap Hurdle:
Tea For Two £10ew @ 16/1



Champion Hurdle:
Peace and Co £20w @ 13/1

Neptune:
Shantou Village £10w @ 16/1

World Hurdle:
Whisper £10w @ 156/10

Ryanair:
Apache Stronghold £14w @ 31/1

Gold Cup:
Don Poli £20w @ 82/10
Holywell £5w @ 43/1

No comments:

Post a Comment