06/11/2015

Wincanton - 7th Nov

    Plenty of good races at both Aintree and Wincanton tomorrow and I'm looking forward in particular to seeing Simonsig back in action. From a betting point of view the Elite Hurdle is the only contest that has any sort of angle in it. As hot a trainer as Harry Skelton is I don't see how his charge in this, Zarib, is favourite. Yes he ran ok in a couple of novice/juvenile hurdles last season and on the face of it being beaten 12 lengths by Peace and Co only getting 3lbs seems a decent effort but they went no gallop in that race at Cheltenham  and he was flattered - basically he's half the price he should be and makes the book. I have the race pretty much between the Nicholls pair and with Twiston-Davies choosing All Yours it means bookies are over-pricing Irving. He would have won the race last year but for an unfortunate fall at the last and 5/1 is very fair. I did hum and haw about the each way given his two PU's as well as the F last season and I'm still not wholly convinced I've done the right thing but ultimately if he stays on his feet I don't see more than two horses being progressive or good enough to beat him.

Elite Hurdle:
Irving £25ew @ 5/1 (won)

(+266.25)

No comments:

Post a Comment