19/09/2011

Ante-Post Update

I've not had the best of flat seasons up to now but we're coming up to my favourite part of the year now where we have races that I have good records and good memories in. Normally the Cambridgeshire takes place the day before the Arc but from this season it will be the week before. I'm not gonna discuss Racing for Change and the moving of Champions Day from Newmarket to Ascot here but I'm not keen.

Anyway, I've had a look at the race and as a fan of his trainer (Roger Charlton) Cry Fury immediately caught my eye. He has similar credentials going into the race as Pipedreamer did a few years back and he sluiced up. He won a Goodwood handicap very easily last month having run into St Leger runner-up Brown Panther in May at Haydock and he really looks rock solid to me. He's not had many outings obviously and it is a very, very competitive contest but it's one of my favourite races of the season and I'm happy to get involved at 10/1.

I continue to top up on Sarafina for the Arc. I feel incredibly confident about her chances particulary as it looks like it could be a smaller field than normal. Something which reduces the chance of her getting into bother like she did last year.

Cambridgeshire:
Cry Fury £50w @ 10/1

Arc:
Sarafina £130w @ 57/10
St Nicholas Abbey £40w @ 24/1 and £20pl @ 6/1

Champion Stakes:
Cirrus Des Aigles £60w @ 75/10

----------------------------------------
King George:
Captain Chris £10w @ 10/1

Arkle:
Sprinter Sacre £20w @ 12/1

Gold Cup:
Time for Rupert £20w @ 16/1

No comments:

Post a Comment