08/09/2011

Doncaster - Sept 8th

On first glance the Park Hill Stakes at Doncaster today looks a trappy contest but I think I've found a fair wager. Meeznah has the best form in the race but is only third in the market partly because of her bad run last time out (which really was too bad to be true) and partly because Set to Music is on a five timer and looks a tough nut to crack. However, that filly has never run over today's trip and isn't really bred to necessarily relish this step up. In short she is worth taking on and my selection seems the best alternative.

Meeznah £40w @ 3/1 (won)


(-100.5)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Nick.

    Nice winner with Meeznah.

    "One of the templates of my betting is to look for horses who seem to have their odds for a particular contest slanted by their most recent run rather than their overall profile. This happens a lot and I call it the New Approach angle. That horse was sent off at ludicrous odds for the Derby in 2008 after a below par effort in the Irish Guineas on fast ground - a pretty irrelevant bit of form in my opinion at the time."

    An angle that is well worth persevering with.

    Thanks,

    Colin

    ReplyDelete