06/09/2011

St Leger

For a change we have a quite exciting looking final classic of the season. Sea Moon was incredibly impressive at York in the Great Voltigeur and whilst he is respected I'm not 100% convinced by him. The ground that day was atrocious and may have exaggerated his true superiority. He's also very inexperienced and the Leger is such a hard, grueling contest that I feel he might not have much left at the end of the race. Blue Bunting on the over hand is a tough, dual classic winner who looks like she will relish a long drawn out battle up the Doncaster straight. She's 9/2 on Betfair as I type this and that looks too big. At this stage it looks a price worth taking with a view to topping up on the day. Of the others I am of course very familiar with Census and Brown Panther having backed the latter last time out and having the former on my horses to follow list after his fine run at Royal Ascot. That was with handicaps in mind though - I just don't see either as Classic contenders.

Blue Bunting £40w @ 9/2

No comments:

Post a Comment