23/09/2011

Newmarket - 24th Sept

I posted my initial thoughts on the Cambridgeshire earlier in the week and it looks a cracking contest as ever. In addition to Cry Fury I have decided to back Man of Action as well. A couple of weeks ago this Saeed Bin Suroor trained animal was responsible for my most painful loss of the season. The horse I'd backed that day, Eton Forever, was really fancied and I was horrified when he was nabbed late on by the selection. He took the lead well inside the final furlong and won comfortably by a length and a half. Of course as an early closing race that means the Godolphin horse hasn't been reassessed and only carries four pounds more than he did that day.

The other race I've decided to have a go at is the Group 1 Sun Chariot Stakes. In this I'm at a loss as to why Sahpresa isn't a lot shorter than 9/4. She's won the race twice before and has immense top class form with Immortal Verse and Goldikova. I can only surmise that her defeat to Timepiece in the Falmouth on the July Course has influenced this price. Although the presence of an Oxx trained animal could also be a factor. In any event she is too big a 9/4.

Cry Fury £60w @ 11/1 (lost)
Man of Action £30w @ 12/1 (lost)

Sahpresa £60w @ 9/4 (won)


(-40.3)

No comments:

Post a Comment