27/09/2011

Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe

Just five days to go to Flat Racing's biggest contest and as ever I'm all-in on the race. I have well almost £200 on Sarafina at just over 5/1 and the only thing stopping me having one of my biggest bets ever is a slight uncertainty about the jockey and the fact that she can find trouble in running. Depending on her price nearer the off though I do anticipate at least one further bet.
Galikova really impressed me in the Prix Vermeille and I expect her to run well and make her the biggest danger to my selection. She has a relentless galloping style once in top gear and I think a decent pace over this trip will really suit her. At over 8/1 she is well worth adding to my portfolio. So You Think and Workforce don't worry me at all - the former has never run over this trip and has a running style totally unsuited to French Racing (get in front and hang on) and the latter doesn't look the same animal this year.
At this stage St Nicholas Abbey looks an unlikely runner unfortunately.

Sarafina £180w @ 52/10
St Nicholas Abbey £40w @ 24/1 and £20pl @ 6/1
Galikova £40w @ 84/10

No comments:

Post a Comment