09/09/2011

Doncaster - Sept 10th

I've posted my thoughts on the St Leger earlier in the week and have slightly topped up the bet I placed on Blue Bunting a few days ago. However Sea Moon, who heads the market, has been shunted out to 2/1 with Ladbrokes and Hills. This makes him bet material as I really do see this contest as the proverbial two horse race. It's unusual to find a contest where the front two in the market both represent reasonable odds but we have it here (although the average price I have on the Godolphin animal is a bit longer than what she is currently trading at to be fair).

It's actually a really good card at Doncaster today and I was tempted by Zero Money in the Portland but I think he has gone up too much for his win at Haydock the other day. The idea for me with handicappers is to look for the ones who pounce late on the scene, win by a length or so and go up maybe four or five pounds. This horse went clear and was then eased down to win by less than a length - quite flashy really, hence the eight pound hike.

The mile handicap that follows the Leger features the return of Eton Forever. This horse was most eye catching when winning at the track in April and I backed him for the Hunt Cup at Ascot on the back of that success. He wasn't well drawn that day but managed to get a place. He runs well fresh as the Spring Mile win was his first race of the year and although he's not a great price this isn't that competitive an event and he should go close.

Blue Bunting £50w @ 44/10 (lost)

Sea Moon £50w @ 2/1 (lost)

Eton Forever £60w @ 7/2 (lost)


(-260.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment