08/11/2013

4000

I'm not normally a jockeys man and think they are a bit overexposed in the trade press but nonetheless AP's achievement yesterday really can't be overstated. Like all punters I have my favourite McCoy moments (not his ride on Wichita Lineman, I was on Maljimar that day) and it would be good to see him pass the two flat jocks ahead of him for the all-time lead flat and jumps. Actually my favourite McCoy ride was Noble Prince in the Jewson - a fairly straightforward one but I was in attendance at the Festival that day. And of course it was nice to see that animal return to something like his best form when winning a Grade 2 at Thurles yesterday.

The other big news yesterday was Our Conor being pulled out of the Morgiana Hurdle at Punchestown a week Sunday. My fancy for that mighty clash was Jezki and luckily I managed to get a score on him at 5/2 before the market was pulled. As great a hurdler as Hurricane Fly has been I think age will catch up to him this season and I can't see him being able to see off the young blood new to open company this time around. He makes the Champion Hurdle from a punting standpoint and I'm very keen on My Tent or Yours as well as Jezki.



Morgiana Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 5/2
    
King George:
Al Ferof £25w @ 15/1
Cue Card £15w @ 10/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 172/10
My Tent or Yours £20w @ 95/10

RSA:
Clondaw Kaempfer £4w @ 109/1

Jewson:
Chatterbox £10w @ 25/1 (NRFB)

Ryanair:
Al Ferof £20w @ 20/1 (NRFB)

World Hurdle:
Monksland £5w @ 28/1


No comments:

Post a Comment