18/11/2013

Open Meeting Postscript

I really enjoyed the racing from both sides of the Irish Sea over the weekend. There were some interesting novice events run at both Punchestown and Cheltenham. Champagne Fever looks very solid for whichever race he goes for at the Festival and I was also impressed with Felix Yonger's tidy jumping and I think it's far from clear cut that the former will go for the Arkle. If his trainer sees the horse as a future Gold Cup contender he may go the Sir Des Champs route and take in the Jewson.

The Liquidator is the one horse I saw in action who impressed me enough to add to my portfolio. He mullared a couple of nice types in Lac Fontana and Sea Lord and I don't buy the excuses put up for those horses. They ran below form because The Liquidator took them out of their comfort zones. A supreme quote of 20/1 put up by Hills immediately after the race was out of line and duly snapped up. I also like Taquin Du Seuil's effort in lowering Oscar Whiskey's colours but he's a horse who hits the ground quite hard and I wouldn't back him for any race in March unless there is plenty of cut.


Hennessy Gold Cup:
Lord Windermere £20w @ 14/1

King George:
Al Ferof £25w @ 15/1
Cue Card £15w @ 10/1

Supreme Novices:
The Liquidator £10w @ 20/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 172/10
My Tent or Yours £20w @ 95/10

RSA:
Clondaw Kaempfer £4w @ 109/1
Wonderful Charm £25w @ 16/1 (NRFB)

Jewson:
Chatterbox £10w @ 25/1 (NRFB)

Ryanair:
Al Ferof £20w @ 20/1 (NRFB)

World Hurdle:
Monksland £5w @ 28/1

No comments:

Post a Comment