16/11/2013

Cheltenham - 16th Nov

From  a betting point of view nothing caught my eye yesterday although Diamond Harry did tempt me. It was nice to see him give a good account of himself in the cross country event. I was also impressed with Taquin Du Seuil in the novice chase. He jumped well in the main in a race run at a crawl but he does hit the ground hard and will be better on softer. If there was cut in the ground come March he would be a horse I'd be interested in backing for whichever race he took in at the Festival. Another couple of exciting types run today with African Gold taking on Shutthefrontdoor over here and Champagne Fever running at Punchestown. I'm looking forward to seeing both of them take in a fence.

Like I said in my last entry nothing really stands out in the Paddy Power but I do think Wishfull Thinking is overpriced. He's 40/1 with Bet365 and they are one of a number of firms paying five places. He actually has a similar chance to Finian's Rainbow on the book and is three times that horse's price. He also stays this trip better than the Henderson inmate and although he is a moody so and so who was never at the races in the Old Roan at Aintree he should outrun his odds.


Paddy Power Gold Cup:
Wishfull Thinking £15ew @ 40/1 (lost)

(+117.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment