02/11/2013

Down Royal - 2nd Nov

As good as the cards are at Wetherby and Ascot today I couldn't quite pull the trigger on anything. I like Court Minstrel in the Listed Hurdle at the latter venue but the ground worries me - I think it'll be too soft for him. So the only wagers of the day are in Northern Ireland. I backed Realt Dubh earlier in thr week thinking the race would cut up and it has - unfortunately he is the one not running. It looks a straigtforward opportunity for First Lieutenant now with three miles looking beyond Sizing Europe, especially with cut in the ground. I took 11/4 this morning. He was beaten by Kauto Stone in the race last year but has plainly improved since then whereas the Nicholls horse has gone backwards. Mount Benbulben has an immense engine but this is a big step up for him and you'd want to see his jumping improve before getting involved with him when in top open company.


JNwine Chase:
Realt Dubh £10ew @ 16/1 (NR)
First Lieutenant £40w @ 11/4 (lost)

(-240)

No comments:

Post a Comment