25/11/2013

Ante-Post



A mixed weekend for me. My bets went down on Saturday but the future looks bright.

The Betfair Chase was a stunning race. I didn't have a bet in it but was delighted to see Cue Card win in good style. When a horse you've backed in the past and have a position on ante-post wins a race at around 10/1 one can't help but question why a bet wasn't placed but I just didn't fancy him on the prevailing ground and the front two in the market looked solid. But I have 10/1 about him for the King George and will look to top that bet up nearer the time. Al Ferof also advertised his well being earlier on in the afternoon and I actually prefer him over Cue Card for Kempton. He's a bigger price of course and really soft ground would be OK for him. At around 8/1 he's still a touch of value for the race and I topped up at 10s immediately after the Amlin. Long term I would be against Cue Card if he went for the Gold Cup. There were some track shenanigans at Haydock with times suggesting the Betfair was run at something less than three miles and the Gold Cup distance would stretch his stamina to breaking point in my opinion.

This Saturday is Hennessy day at Newbury and the 14/1 I took on Lord Windermere recently looks good value now. This horse has all the right credentials for the race being a sound jumping second season chaser off a handy looking mark (RSA champ off 154 - yes please) and he's unexposed over a trip but looks a stayer. It doesn't look a great renewal and think he might be really short on the day.



Hennessy Gold Cup:
Lord Windermere £20w @ 14/1

King George:
Al Ferof £30w @ 14/1
Cue Card £15w @ 10/1

Supreme Novices:
The Liquidator £10w @ 20/1
West Wizard £15w @ 16/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 172/10
My Tent or Yours £20w @ 95/10

RSA:
Clondaw Kaempfer £4w @ 109/1
Wonderful Charm £25w @ 16/1 (NRFB)

Jewson:
Chatterbox £10w @ 25/1 (NRFB)

Ryanair:
Al Ferof £20w @ 20/1 (NRFB)

World Hurdle:
Monksland £5w @ 28/1

No comments:

Post a Comment