14/11/2013

Paddy Power Weekend/Ante-Post

Really looking forward to this weekend's action. We have three really good, hopefully informative cards at Cheltenham to savour and a mouth watering clash between Hurricane Fly and Jezki at Punchestown on Sunday.

The Paddy Power Gold Cup itself looks a good enough contest but the horses I had in mind for it (Captain Conan, Salut Flo and Kid Cassidy) are no longer in the race so it's possible I won't have a bet. If pushed I would say Wishfull Thinking will outrun his odds (33/1) and if that price is available on the day for five places I might tuck in. None of those towards the head of the market appeal.

I have loosened the purse strings for the Greatwood on Sunday. Court Minstrel is a high class hurdler I had in mind for this at the start of the season ground permitting and luckily we look set for a decent surface throughout the meeting. His form, including at this meeting a year ago, is very solid and I think an 8lb rise for his impressive win at Ayr in April (franked since by Sametegal) still allows him to be very competitive in this top quality handicap hurdle. We can forget his poor run at Ascot first time out as he looked all at sea on bad ground. The aforementioned Sametegal is now 5lbs better off for the 2 and a quarter length beating he got from the selection. He is respected and I might use him for cover on the day.

Elsewhere we have some cracking novice events that are more watching than betting events and I am looking forward to seeing Diamond Harry take in the cross country race on Friday. He runs off a handy racing weight and I might back him.

I expect Jezki to lower Hurricane Fly's colours on Sunday and I will be topping up my bet when the decs are made.

On the ante-post front the weights for the Hennessy have come out and I think Lord Windermere is very fairly priced at 14/1 running off 154. RSA winners have an immense record in this race and although he was fortunate to win at the Festival this doesn't look the best renewal of the race.

Greatwood Handicap Hurdle:
Court Minstel £20w @ 12/1

Morgiana Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 5/2

---
Hennessy Gold Cup:
Lord Windermere £20w @ 14/1

King George:
Al Ferof £25w @ 15/1
Cue Card £15w @ 10/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 172/10
My Tent or Yours £20w @ 95/10

RSA:
Clondaw Kaempfer £4w @ 109/1
Wonderful Charm £25w @ 16/1 (NRFB)

Jewson:
Chatterbox £10w @ 25/1 (NRFB)

Ryanair:
Al Ferof £20w @ 20/1 (NRFB)

World Hurdle:
Monksland £5w @ 28/1








No comments:

Post a Comment