02/12/2013

Ante-Post

Bit of a disappointing weekend really. I was very confident Lord Windermere would go well in the Hennessy but he faded quickly as they entered the straight. I suppose he might have needed the race. The winner paid a complement to Walkon who wasn't beaten far behind him in the Topham conceding a stone back in April and Alan King's horse runs in the Becher Chase over 3m2f on Saturday. He's becoming a regular at the Liverpool track and I was present when he fell in the Old Roan last month. He jumped poorly that day but a return to the National fences might suit as will, hopefully, a bit more cut in the ground. I still think this horse is well handicapped and I've taken 14/1 about him. The trip does concern me a little bit but I'm taking a chance at that price.

4/12
I backed Wishfull Thinking at 40/1 for the Paddy Power and in my opinion he would have been placed but for making a mistake four out. He is in the December Gold Cup over the same course and distance a week on Saturday and I have taken a big price on Betfair. His mark has gone down a couple of pounds and he is notably better off at the weights for this contest than the second season chasers that were ahead of him in the Paddy Power.

Becher Chase:
Walkon £10ew @ 14/1

December Gold Cup:
Wishfull Thinking £5w @ 46/1

King George:
Al Ferof £30w @ 14/1
Cue Card £15w @ 10/1

Supreme Novices:
The Liquidator £10w @ 20/1
West Wizard £15w @ 16/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 172/10
My Tent or Yours £20w @ 95/10

Neptune:
Briar Hill £20w @ 12/1 (NRFB)

RSA:
Clondaw Kaempfer £4w @ 109/1
Wonderful Charm £25w @ 16/1 (NRFB)

Jewson:
Chatterbox £10w @ 25/1 (NRFB)

Ryanair:
Al Ferof £20w @ 20/1 (NRFB)

World Hurdle:
Monksland £10w @ 24/1

Gold Cup:
Al Ferof £10w @ 20/1

No comments:

Post a Comment