14/12/2013

Ante-Post

Gah! Despite not jumping fluently a the start of the race Salut Flo was just getting into his race today and looked a big threat before clattering the third last. A similar thing happened to Wishfull Thinking in the Paddy Power. Frustrating.

Anyway, we've had plenty of Cheltenham clues the last couple of days. The headlines will go to The New One but I wasn't overly impressed with his win in the International and a lot more will be needed at the Festival. I was kind of afraid of him after his mauling of Rock on Ruby on his first run of the season but he wasn't foot perfect at his hurdles today and although he went away from Zarkandar at the end of the race that horse needs two and a half miles (especially on good ground) and I have a lot more confidence about My Tent or Yours and Jezki now. I've topped up on the former as he's bound to be a lot shorter in the market after the Christmas Hurdle, a race it's hard to see him not winning.

Kings Palace was very impressive in the Grade 2 Novices' but 6/1 isn't too appealing right now for the Albert Bartlett. I've backed Briar Hill for the Neptune on the basis that he obviously loves the track based on his win in the Champion Bumper in March and hurdled very nicely on his debut a few weeks ago and if he goes for the longer race I would take on Kings Palace with him.

Finally it was nice to see Nick Williams coming up with a good horse again after For Non Stop's sale to an American owner and Diamond Harry's rather quick fall from grace. I didn't back Fox Norton today at Doncaster because rather muggily I was taken in somewhat by the hype surrounding Royal Irish Hussar. Fox Norton won nicely enough and seems to have a good deal of scope. I took 25s about him for the Triumph after the race. I've been banging on ever since I started this blog about Nick and his lack of Cheltenham Festival success. Fingers crossed he has another live contender with this one.

King George:
Al Ferof £50w @ 10/1
Cue Card £15w @ 10/1

Supreme Novices:
The Liquidator £10w @ 20/1
West Wizard £15w @ 16/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 172/10
My Tent or Yours £30w @ 78/10

Neptune:
Briar Hill £20w @ 12/1 (NRFB)

RSA:
Clondaw Kaempfer £4w @ 109/1
Wonderful Charm £25w @ 16/1 (NRFB)

Jewson:
Chatterbox £10w @ 25/1 (NRFB)
Felix Yonger £20w @ 8/1

Ryanair:
Al Ferof £20w @ 20/1 (NRFB)

World Hurdle:
Monksland £10w @ 24/1

Triumph Hurdle:
Fox Norton £15ew @ 25/1 (NRFB)

Gold Cup:
Al Ferof £10w @ 20/1







No comments:

Post a Comment