21/12/2013

Christmas Racing

I can't remember a more mouth watering set of races over the Christmas period than we have this year. The King George is the headline act and I am in a fantastic position in the race having taking double figure prices about Cue Card and Al Ferof ante-post. I've topped up on both now but do fancy the latter more. It's amazing to think Al Ferof with his profile has yet to tackle three miles in his career to date. I expect this test will really suit him and he comes into the race fresh as a daisy. Cue Card I just think is short now and there is this feeling that he is better going left handed - and soft ground wouldn't totally suit him. My portfolio for the race reads so well that I have added Dynaste as cover. This trio seem the only possible winners to my eyes. As good as Silviniaco Conti is he has come up short in his last three contests and that just isn't the profile of a King George winner.

The Christmas Hurdle features The New One taking on My Tent or Yours and I am fully in the latter's camp. Kempton will suit him more than The New One and although I probably won't back him I'll be cheering him on with my Champion Hurdle bet in mind.

Also on Boxing Day in Ireland Champagne Fever takes on his stable companion Felix Yonger in the Racing Post Novice Chase. I've backed the latter for the Jewson because he's taken to fences superbly well, has excellent Festival form (if he'd been ridden more prominently in the Neptune he'd have been closer to Simonsig at the line and obviously that is top notch form) and to be honest I've just always assumed Champagne Fever would be the stable's Arkle animal. With them meeting over two miles if Felix won does be become the Mullins Arkle contender?

Bob's Worth taking on Sir Des Champ and First Lieutenant in the Lexus is fascinating because the starts all three of them have had to this season have been someway short of the heights they hit in 2012/13 (Sir Des Champs with more excuses than the other two) but from a betting point of view 9/4 Bob's Worth, 11/4 SDC and 6/1 First Lieutenant seems to have underestimated the latter named. I'll wait for final decs but at that price I will be involved.

King George:
Al Ferof £50w @ 10/1
Cue Card £25w @ 74/10
Dynaste and Kings Palace(Albert Bartlett) £15dbl @ 4/1 and 5/1





No comments:

Post a Comment