22/09/2014

Ante-Post

    This part of the flat season is my favourite. The Cambridgeshire/Arc/Champions Day weekends all take place within the next month and I'm hoping to have plenty of bets.

    First up at Newmarket I don't think my fancy for the annual cavalry charge down the Rowley Mile will get in the race but Mange All may take part in the compensation event on Friday. My main focus now however is on the Cheveley Park Stakes. The list of high class fillies who bomb out after a hard season in this event is a long one. Cape Verdi and Harayir were 1000 Guineas winners who won Lowther's before bombing out in the Cheveley Park and at around even money I'm betting we may add Tiggy Wiggy to that list on Saturday. She's been on the go since May and this will be her ninth start, and that's a tough ask for any juvenile. I'm taking her on with the Andre Fabre trained High Celebrity. She's already been over the English Channel when running very green on the July Course earlier in the season but showed that that experience had brought her on when winning the Prix D'Arenberg at Chantilly earlier this month, displaying a rather nice turn of foot in the process. This is a big step up in class but her trainer has indicated already that he considers her a Group 1 filly and whilst I rarely take much notice of connections comments I do make an exception where the master trainer is concerned. I think 11/2 is a tidy price.

Cheveley Park:
High Celebrity £25w @ 11/2

Cambridgeshire:
Mange All £15w @ 20/1

Arc:
Flintshire £10w @ 41/1
Gold Ship £10w @ 20/1 and £10ew @ 16/1
Harp Star £25fb via Snow Sky @ 10/1 and £25w @ 10/1

---
Arkle:
Josses Hill £35w @ 106/10

Gold Cup:
Champagne Fever £10w @ 20/1
Taquin Du Seuil £10w @ 26/1






No comments:

Post a Comment