10/09/2014

Doncaster - 11th Sept

    I've had one of my best ever flat seasons this year but am on a losing streak dating back to the Ebor meeting and could do with getting a winner in asap. When the Cambridgeshire prices came out a few weeks ago the horse I backed for the race was the William Haggas trained Mange All who immediately went into my tracker after a powerful performance in a hot handicap over 8f at Ascot on King George day. He looked a creature who would appreciate a step up to further than a mile that day and although he had failed over a mile and a quarter in the past (a race at Newmarket where he failed to settle off of a slow pace) it looks clear to me that a cavalry charge like the Cambridgeshire or a big field contest over 10f will really suit him.

    He runs in a thirteen runner handicap at Doncaster tomorrow and given his rating and age he'll need to win to get in the Cambridgeshire with a penalty and I think he has excellent claims  The aforementioned Ascot contest has worked out quite well (a horse called Between Wickets who was down the field that day entered my tracker after winning nicely next time out at Salisbury) and with two or three pace horses in the race I am very happy to take 7/1 tomorrow about a horse who looks to be going places under the care of a master trainer of handicappers.

Crownhotel-Bawtry.com Handicap:
Mange All £50w @ 7/1 (2nd)

(+1168.95)


No comments:

Post a Comment