12/07/2015

Ante-Post

    Last week wasn't bad by any means but I have an element of frustration. I was a bit light on Amazing Maria in the Falmouth but I've mentioned numerous times in this blog that I keep a tight reign on my bets on double figure priced horses in conditions races as my profit and loss figures on them historically is way into the red, but I probably should have had more on the win part of the bet. Lightning Spear's excellent run in the Summer Mile at Ascot encapsulated this frustration I feel at present as he beat the horse at the top of tracker last time out in a Salisbury handicap. Now obviously that horse (Saigon City) would not have been 14/1 without Lightning Spear's presence in the race, but he would have been a 5 or 6/1 winner. These things happen though, and my discipline remains airtight.

    Another thing that has gone wrong this season (sorry for the continuous whining) is the draw a number of my selections have received in their races. Oasis Fantasy in particular has been most unfortunate having been given death berths the last two times he's run. Most times though there is a positive spin one can put on things and whilst I wasn't pleased with his run in the Plate at Newcastle, the winner did frank the form of their battle at Goodwood over a mile and six earlier in the season. The recency bias bookies operate under has also meant he's a far bigger price for the Ebor than he should be and I am very happy to take 25/1 at this early stage. There are some right boats ahead of him in the market and the trip will really suit him. I have no worries about his stamina, something that concern me slightly at Newcastle.

Ebor:
Oasis Fantasy £15ew @ 25/1

Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe:
Jack Hobbs £15w @ 10/1

--
Champion Hurdle:
Peace and Co £10w @ 12/1

World Hurdle:
Whisper £10w @ 156/10

No comments:

Post a Comment