27/07/2015

Goodwood - 28th July

    I have two bets tomorrow at Goodwood, both selections ones that have appeared on here already this season. Mount Logan runs in the opener and whilst I was gutted at the time that he didn't win the John Smith's at York (ran well enough to finish third but was probably given too much to do) that run confirmed his decent form profile at present and he should go well again. I just hope he can be put in the race with a decent chance rather than running on from the back again like at York and Royal Ascot.

    Initially I was not pleased to see Oasis Fantasy entered up in the 14f handicap later on in the card as I've backed him already for the Ebor next month but seeing 10/1 offered when the market opened for the race sweetened the pill somewhat. After being given coffin draws in his last two races he returns to the track where he went into my tracker when chasing home Plate winner Quest for More (got first run) back in May and I strongly believe this horse has a big handicap in him over further than 12f and he's a strong fancy for this.

Sky Bet Handicap:
Mount Logan £40w @ 9/1 (won)

Summer Stakes Handicap:
Oasis Fantasy £15ew @ 10/1 and £10w @ 8/1 (lost)

(-722.63)

No comments:

Post a Comment