14/07/2015

Sandown 15th July / Irish Oaks

    I have a tracker horse running tomorrow, a 3yo filly called Artesana who is in the last at Sandown. She went into my tracker after her staying on second in a Windsor handicap at the end of June, I liked the way she found for pressure that day and put in my notes on her that a stiffer 12 or even a step up to further would suit and so tomorrow's contest over 14f looks ideal. However, the market for this race is headed by a Haggas inmate who looks very solid given that she only has to carry a 6lb penalty for a facile win at Carlisle last Friday. In saying that with eight runners and a short priced favourite this becomes a good each way race. I took some 9s when the market opened (premature really with such a strong favourite) and have topped up at 10s just now.

    I took 3/1 about Curvy for the Irish Oaks this coming Sunday as soon as I read that Diamondsandrubies was not an intended runner. Curvy impressed me with her attitude in winning the Ribblesdale, she stuck her neck out and really grinded it out all the way to the line. So without the Pretty Polly winner in the race I don't see much opposition - although I do concede that Ballydoyle have been known to pick up Classics with horses with less than impressive form profiles in the past.

Unibet Distance Betting Every Race Handicap:
Artesana £20ew @ 95/10 (lost)

(-887.63)

Irish Oaks:
Curvy £30w @ 3/1


1 comment: