25/07/2015

Ascot & York - 25th July

    Telescope met with a set back earlier this week and doesn't run in the King George, but I'm so stoked about my other bet today that I'm not too bothered.

    I took 9/2 about Prince Gibraltar when the sponsors opened a book on the race on Monday and I have topped up a few times since then. Paddy Power actually offered 6/1 at one point which made me suspicious, I suspected they had a mole somewhere and had gotten word that he wasn't making the journey. I could not resist having a bit on at those ridiculous odds and I topped up last night at 3/1 and this morning at 11/4. The horse is a bit of a monkey and doesn't win very often but he has faced some top class opponents and the conditions today suit him much more than Custom Cut. I've had some heart breaking seconds this season and if somehow he doesn't win he'll go very close so come IR lays have been placed. 

Skybet York Stakes:
Prince Gibraltar £165w @ 335/100 - IR lays placed at 2.8 and 2.1 for £40 a piece (3rd)

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes:
Telescope NR £30

(-1042.63)

No comments:

Post a Comment