11/07/2015

York - 11th July

    I was up early this morning going over all the cards in a stacked day and there are temptations aplenty. Gabrial's Kaka has been dropped another 3lbs after his disappointing "effort" at Sandown last week and runs in the opener at York but after much consideration I can't get involved again, he's a horse who's cost me too much money. I was all over Muthmir for the King's Stand and he seemed to find even that stiff 5f not enough of a test but I would prefer to back him over 6 on a flatter track so I've left him alone also.

    My one bet then is an ante-post one, Mount Logan in the John Smith's Cup. He went onto my tracker after his eye catching run at the royal meeting behind Mahsoob where he ran on really well all the way to the line after being short of room. 10f at Ascot with it's short straight were not ideal conditions for him as he's a horse with winning form over a mile and a half but York's extended 10f with it's long straight are bang on. I took 16s immediately the market opened and have topped up at 9/1 today. Cumani has put a claimer on today and there is no doubt he's well handicapped.

John Smith's Cup:
Mount Logan £40w @ 116/10 (3rd)

(-847.63)

No comments:

Post a Comment