08/07/2013

Ante-Post

Despite backing Al Kazeem on Saturday the race let me a little flat as I really expected a good run from The Fugue who had her perfect conditions.

I only need one decent winner to get me back on track but this whole calender year has been such a struggle and I just haven't had the winners I need for decent profit.

Things hopefully will change of course and I was down last year until a good Autumn saved me but the poor Cheltenham and Royal Ascot meetings I had has taken a fair bit of my enthusiasm away, especially given how some of my bets went down.

Yesterday evening I took 16/1 about Lahaag for the big handicap at York on Saturday. He's an animal that's been on my horse tracker since his excellent second (front two clear) in a race over course and distance in May and I thought the John Smith's was a perfect race for him. However his trainer hasn't left him in at the five day stage. I suppose that's a tip in itself for his stable companion Nabucco who won a Newmarket handicap nicely enough a week or so ago. I get the feeling the modest pace they went that day didn't really suit him so 14/1 is acceptable enough given the likelihood he'll improve in a hotter race like this.

Speaking of stable companions, Sky Hunter misses the Grand Prix de Paris this weekend because Fabre runs Ocovango and Flintshire instead. The latter holds the former on a line through a horse called Park Reel and given the weird shape of the market for the big race in October (none of the front four or five in it appeal for one reason or another) the Abdullah horse has been added to my portfolio.

John Smith's Cup:
Lahaag £10ew @ 16/1
Nabucco £15w @ 14/1 and £15ew @ 16/1

Sussex Stakes:
Toronado £12w @ 7/2

Betfred Mile:
Cape Peron and Sky Hunter (Arc) £10 dbl @ 12/1 and 33/1

King George VI and QE Stakes:
Ektihaam £20ew @ 12/1

Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe:
Gold Ship £15w @ 25/1
Sky Hunter £25w @ 42/1
Flintshire £15w @ 20/1
Gentildonna £10w @ 33/1
Bravodino £5w @ 76/1

---
King George:
Al Ferof £20w @ 16/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £13w @ 20/1
My Tent or Yours £20w @ 95/10

World Hurdle:
Monksland £5w @ 28/1




No comments:

Post a Comment