11/07/2013

Newmarket - 12th July

I took 3/1 about Elusive Kate for tomorrow's Falmouth Stakes the day before the declarations were made because I didn't expect Giofra to run on the fast ground they'll encounter but Duntle was the filly that has been scratched from the race. I'm happy with that as she was a bit of an unknown quantity and ultimately the bet hinges on whether or not my selection can hold off Sky Lantern. I think she can as this race will be run far differently than the big field 1000 Guineas and Coronation Stakes that the Hannon filly has won this season. As well as the 3/1 I have taken 9/4 at Hills this evening, a bet that will be refunded if Elusive Kate finishes second.

Hopefully John Gosden will have her fully tuned up for this event. He's done me no favours this season with Elusive Kate needing the race she had at Ascot and he's now pulled Nabucco as well as Lahaag out of the big handicap at York on Saturday. Not pleased.

Also on Saturday I have taken an early 7/2 about Flintshire for the Grand Prix de Paris. I already have him onside for the Arc at 20/1 and although this is a step up in class he looks a horse with bags of scope and I'm unconvinced his main opponents on Saturday (Ocovango and Battle of Marengo - both of which were shorter with the bookie I placed the bet with) actually stay 12f.

Falmouth Stakes:
Elusive Kate £40w @ 3/1 and £40w @ 9/4 (mbs) (won) (best odds guaranteed, paid @ 3/1)

(-371)

Grand Prix de Paris (Longchamp, Saturday)
Flintshire £25w @ 7/2



No comments:

Post a Comment