19/07/2013

Curragh - 20th July

For the second straight Saturday despite lots of meetings in the UK my only bet is outside these shores. I took 8/1 about the Alain de Royer-Dupre trained filly Chicquita for the Irish Oaks on Wednesday and I'm very confident she'll at least be placed. She ran a cracker for one so inexperienced in the Prix de Diane recently and was beaten by a top class winner of the race in Treve. Like I've already noted her pedigree suggests she'll appreciate this step up in trip and the Curragh being a notably stiff track is a good thing as well.

For me she has the second best form going into this contest behind Epsom Oaks winner Talent and yet is maybe fifth choice in the market. Mandatory bet material. I have topped up this evening.

Irish Oaks:
Chicquita £20ew @ 8/1 and £25w @ 13/2 (minus rule 4 deduction) (won)

(+11)


No comments:

Post a Comment