09/07/2013

July Meeting

Just a quick one. The Falmouth Stakes on Friday strikes me as a good betting race at the moment. Impressive as Sky Lantern was in the Coronation she was flattered in my opinion coming from off the pace in a race that was run at a fearsome tempo and I want to take her on at a short price. I backed Giofra in the race last year but on far faster ground I prefer the filly she beat into second that day this time around. Elusive Kate ran very much like she needed the race first time out in the Queen Anne, showing up well before appearing to tire in the last furlong and I think 3/1 is a tidy price. I've decided to step in now because I have a hunch that Giofra might not run given the lack of rain we're having at the moment. She's a nice filly but a mile on fast ground is not what she needs. Duntle is respected but 7/2 is about right given this step up in class.

Elsewhere I like Shea Shea in the July Cup but am not in love with the price at the moment and Trade Commissioner tempts me back at 7f in the Bunbury Cup. If he's declared I will back him.

Falmouth Stakes:
Elusive Kate £40w @ 3/1

No comments:

Post a Comment