30/05/2013

Epsom - 31st May

I posted my thoughts on the Oaks earlier in the week and nothing has changed since apart from my usual topping up policy. It is actually a horrible race for me, Balanchine is the only winner I've backed, so confidence isn't too high. Ultimately the filly I've bet on has only had two runs so a large slice of the bet is in the expectation of her realising the undoubted scope she possesses. It looks a good race but I do somewhat have a feeling of getting it out of the way before the big main event on Saturday.

EDIT:
There is nothing on the TV so I've had a look at the rest of the card and Brae Hill has tempted me in the mile handicap. He has stacks of ability at this level even though he doesn't win very often and you couldn't say he was well handicapped, carrying top weight as he does tomorrow off 97. Epsom however with it's turns and downhill sections is a good course for weight carrying and I think that gives me enough of an angle to justify a bet at 12/1 especially when you consider that a lot of the handicaps he takes part in are the sexy, ultra competitive ones - Hambleton, Ayr Gold Cup, Lincoln to name but three. He does throw in the odd sinker as well but ran well enough last time out at York and I believe he'll outrun his price.

Investec Mile:
Brae Hill £40w and £20pl @ 12/1 (lost)

Oaks:
Liber Nauticus £60w @ 42/10 (lost)

(-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment