19/05/2014

Ante-Post

     Last week was a tad frustrating with three seconds from four bets placed but I'm feeling happy with my form and I have tightened up my strategy which was the main goal heading in. I've been eyeing up the Temple Stakes this Saturday ever since Guineas day when I backed Hot Streak in the Palace House Stakes. This horse is a very exciting sprinter and I expect him to reverse form with Sole Power given the scope he has for improvement at such a young age and of course being a couple of pounds better off at the weights helps as well. Sole Power was also race fit from Dubai whereas my horse was making his seasonal debut. I will probably cover with Pearl Secret nearer the day; he's a leggy type who will much prefer Haydock to the Rowley Mile.

     Another of my tracker horses is entered up in the Silver Bowl at the same meeting. Zarwaan stayed on really well first time out over 7f at Newbury in a race against a particularly well handicapped John Gosden 3yo. He went into the notebook immediately although I was slightly worried he had an entry in the Irish 2000 Guineas (speaking of the which; 24 hours after that effort Night of Thunder ran a similar eye catching race over the same course and distance.) I've taken a bit of 8/1 about him but have to be a bit careful as he is also entered up at Goodwood the same afternoon.

     The Derby is probably a wash out from a punting point of view with Australia looking bombproof but its only one race and there'll be plenty of opportunities as we approach Royal Ascot. I think we're in for an exciting flat season

Temple Stakes:
Hot Streak £30w @ 453/100

Silver Bowl Stakes:
Zarwaan £10w @ 8/1

Derby:
Berkshire £10w @ 25/1
True Story £10w @ 8/1
(Free bet via Astaire: Australia £25@5/4)

Diamond Jubilee:
Astaire £5w @ 26/1

Arc:
Flintshire £10w @ 41/1

--
Arkle:
Josses Hill £10w @ 12/1

Gold Cup:
Champagne Fever £10w @ 20/1




 

No comments:

Post a Comment