31/05/2014

Haydock - 31st May

    One of the more mundane weekends of the season from a racing point of view but I've found a bet at my local tracks card. Cubanita seems overpriced in the Group 3 for fillies over just short of a mile and a half. She's a very strong traveller who looked set to go close last time out in the Yorkshire Cup before her stamina gave out and the trip and ground will suit her today. Astonishing looks to be her main rival but she was in behind when Cubanita won the John Porter first time out and I don't see why that filly is the same price as my choice - it might be a reflection of her effort at York and also because of who trains Astonishing. I've had 4.3 matched on the machine and have added an IR lay as her strong travelling nature should ensure her trading at much shorter odds during the race. I also have a little on at 3s with the usual money back concession from Hills on races that Channel 4 cover.

Pinnacle Stakes:
Cubanita £20w @ 3/1 mbs and £40w @ 33/10 (IR lay request £20 @ 9/4 not matched(lost)

(+458.1)



No comments:

Post a Comment