17/05/2014

Newbury and Thirsk - 17th May

   The Scoop 6 has been the main theme of the last few Saturday's and I've had a go today albeit for a total stake of £2: Evident, Bronze Angel, Dorothy B, Hoofalong, Stomp and Lord Aeryn are the selections.

    I've had two bets today and after hitting the crossbar twice at York during the week with Astaire and Tac De Boistron I'm confident of a return - I feel in good form at present. The Lockinge at Newbury is an enticing looking betting race featuring as it does an even money shot who isn't the most consistant and in my opinion is a tad overrated anyway. Olympic Glory is a high class horse but Timeform had him rated the same as Dawn Approach last season and that just isn't right. I think his Marois run good as it was has been overrated and he had little to beat in the QEII on soft ground at Ascot. I was hoping Soft Falling Rain would line-up but instead I'm going for the horse he beat at Newmarket last September in a hot looking event.

   Montiridge plainly hated the ground at Sandown when second to Tulius on his seasonal debut. He travelled well that day but floundered and got tired late on. He has the action of a top of the ground horse and today's conditions will suit perfectly. I'm not in love with any of the opposition and I can't see him out of the first three.

   Starlight Serenade is one of my tracker horses and runs in the last at Thirsk. She's a 3yo filly who dwelt badly in the stalls first time out in a handicap at Doncaster before staying on really well for fourth place over 7f. She steps up to a mile today which should suit and her trainer is excellent with the fairier sex. I got a little bit of 11/2 last night and have topped up this morning.

Lockinge Stakes:
Montiridge £10ew @ 7/1 and £15w @ 72/10 (used as pacemaker)

17th June Handicap:
Starlight Serenade £40w @ 52/10 (2nd)

(+261.95)






No comments:

Post a Comment