29/05/2014

Sandown - 29th May

    A good card this evening at Sandown, probably the best evening meeting of the entire flat season. Unfortunately it has little competition in that department, something that should be addressed. It's been chucking it down recently in the capital so the ground is soft virging on heavy and the Henry II stakes over two miles looks a trappy event given the conditions. I would think it'd be a race between Brown Panther and Tiger Cliff in normal circumstances but bad ground can bring horses together and I think Menorah can get involved. Aside from bumpers this will be his first run on the flat but he's a horse with a tremendous engine and really 25/1 severely underestimates his chance. I'm not going mad however as I've blogged before about my terrible record with long odds shots in conditions races.

Henry II Stakes:
Menorah £10ew @ 25/1 (lost)

(+518.1)

No comments:

Post a Comment