09/05/2014

Lingfield - 9th May

   A bit late with this entry given my horse runs in about ninety minutes but I had plumbing issues this morning and couldn't spare the time on the computer. I've been watching a lot more handicaps this season thus far and have a squad of three or four horses in my notebook. One of them runs today in the 3.05 at Lingfield and he is the Roger Charlton trained Stomp who was impressive enough in winnng a 6f handicap at Windsor last month. It wasn't a big field that day and they didn't go particularly fast and Stomp showed a nice turn of speed to win given he was anchored at the back throughout most of the race and had to come wide when making his effort. He went up 6lbs for a 2 length victory but that underestimates him and although the ground is a worry as that win was on soft they have had a certain amount of rain given the straight course has a soft stretch along part of if. I thought he'd be clear favoruite for the race but that honour belongs to a horse called Double Up who has had only one run in his life and that was a maiden. He could be a good thing but it's difficult to tell and I'm prepared to take my chances with a proven handicapper. My bet was placed last night before the price shortened.

Ladbrokes Mobile Handicap:
Stomp £30w @ 27/10 (won)

(+376.95)


No comments:

Post a Comment