08/05/2014

Chester - 8th May

   I wrote yesterday that I wasn't a fan of Chester and I probably wouldn't be having a bet there this week but that was before I saw the prices for today's Huxley Stakes. I was a backer of Ektihaam a couple of times last season, including at Royal Ascot when he slipped and unshipped his jockey in the Hardwicke - I think the single worst moment in a particularly poor year on the flat for me. I think Chester will suit his runnng style and the angle I have on the race is the market's overreaction to Noble Mission's win at Sandown last time out. Yes he was impressive but most of his rivals hated the very soft ground that day and I believe both Ektihaam and Telescope (who both receive 3lbs today) are just better racehorses. The former's win at Ascot last May and Telescope's victory in the Voltigeur at the Ebor meeting are both some way better than the pick of Noble Mission's form.

   This is Ektihaam's first race since July but he ran well first time last season when running Al Kazeem reasonably close and 3/1 with the concession of a free bet if he runs second is fair value. I do respect Telescope and he's the main reason for taking this concession. If the rain had stayed away from the track last night I probably would have used him as direst cover.

Huxley Stakes:
Ektihaam £40w @ 3/1 (mbs) (lost)

(+300)

No comments:

Post a Comment