24/05/2014

Haydock - 24th May

    Today's action at Haydock is a bit tricky because of the mystery surrounding ground conditions. Despite rain last night and forecast rain during the meeting the going description is still good. I'm keen on Hot Streak in the Temple Stakes whatever the ground although prefer a bit of cut as that takes Sole Power out of the equation to a certain extent. The 9/2 I took before the five day decs looks good value now and I have topped up slightly this morning. I did mention that I might use Pearl Secret as cover and I have done so; both in single form and as part of a double with my other bet today, Zarwaan in the 3.45.

    I feel the ground is an issue with Zarwaan as it might stretch his stamina and although I'm happy enough with the odds I got on Monday this nagging concern that he'll be better over 7f stops me having a normal sized bet on him. That said he did stay on well first time out and the form of that race has been franked two or three times. He should go well.

Temple Stakes:
Hot Streak £40w @ 4/1 (won)
Pearl Secret £15w @ 41/10 (2nd)

Silver Bowl:
Zarwaan £15w @ 78/10 (2nd)

Pearl Secret/Zarwaan £10w dbl @ 4/1 and 7/1

(+543.1)

No comments:

Post a Comment