15/05/2014

York - 16th May

   I was initially very disappointed with True Story's run in the Dante Stakes earlier today but on reflection I do believe we'll see a diferent animal at Epsom if he gets decent ground; so my bet isn't dead quite yet.

  The Yorkshire Cup headlines the last day of the Dante meeting and it looks a decent renewal. It's fairly rare for me to back a favourite but I did expect Tac De Boistron to be a warm order for this after his impressive win in the Sagaro at Ascot last time out and just his general form which is very much on an upward curve, so 4/1 is a price I am happy to take. His two closest rivals in the market are Gospel Choir and Cubanita and neither have run over more than a mile and a half before. The former actually shares favouritsm in a place or two and whilst his win at Newmarket earlier in the month was very taking it was a race run at a crawl and this test over two furlongs further and with more pace pretty much assured will push his stamina to the limit.

   I think the main danger could be Ahzeemah, a horse with no stamina issues - quite the opposite in fact. I think one or two layers have overfactored the penalty Tac De Boistron carries in the race just as they did with the front two in the Duke of York on Wednesday.

EDIT 16/5:  Paddy Power's money back if your selection is second or third is being offered in this race today. Tad De Boistron was 7/2 with that firm last night but has since drifted to 4s so I've topped up. I don't really want £80 on so have asked for £40 back on Betfair (IR at the same price.)

Yorkshire Cup:
Tac De Boistron £80w @ 4/1 (£40 mbs) (2nd, stake back and lay matched)

(+336.95)

No comments:

Post a Comment