05/05/2015

Chester - 6th May

    I mentioned my Chester Cup fancy for Angel Gabrial in Sunday's entry and Lucida's second in the 1000 Guineas means my each way double is still alive. Richard Fahey's charge victory in the Northumberland Plate last June was my biggest win of last season and his second in the Chester Cup twelve months ago is what put him at the top of my tracker list. He was drawn in stall 11 that day and was held up before Spencer made an almost Arazi type move on him round the final turn which almost came off. The fact that he came so close despite coming from such a poor position marked him as very well handicapped. Tomorrow he's a lot higher in the ratings but he is better drawn in 5 and just as importantly Chester is the best course for weight carrying in the country as they are always on the turn. With even luck I'm hopeful he'll go very close.

Chester Cup:
Lucida(1000 Guineas)(2nd)Angel Gabrial £10ew dbl @ 11/2 and 14/1 (lost)
Angel Gabrial £15ew @ 10/1 and £20w @ 10/1

(-230)

No comments:

Post a Comment