23/05/2015

Haydock - 23rd May



                                                                      Hot Streak - 2014


    My decision on Monday to take some 10/1 about Hot Streak for the Temple Stakes at Haydock today has worked in theory with him trading at around 9/2 now, but I must admit I'd be more confident if there had been more rain. It looks a very open looking event and the main reason the selection has shortened so much is Sole Power's defection. Hot Streak was a tad disappointing after his impressive win twelve months ago and I kind of hoped soft ground today would see him return to his best. He ran well enough first time out at Longchamp where he seemed to get tired after helping force the pace and he has a fitness advantage over a few of these but I just wish the ground had more give in it. I have topped up at 9/2 and my stake has been dropped slightly as a consequence of my disappointing start to the season.

Temple Stakes:
Hot Streak £40w @ 13/2 (lost)

(-605)

No comments:

Post a Comment