29/05/2015

York & Newmarket - 30th May

    Another bet, another loss. My fear today was that the trip of 7f might be a bit short for Saigon City and so it proved, he was outpaced and ran on well towards the end of the race. I absolutely destroyed the price as well, not for the first time during my current losing streak. I had 7/1 about Integral in the Lockinge - she started 11/4. Hot Streak's SP for the Temple last week was 7/2 - I got 13/2. And Saigon City, who I punted last night at 5/1, started price 7/4. Unreal.

    Confidence is low obviously, but I know it will turn around soon and I have a couple of fancies tomorrow. At York I think Red Galileo is overpriced in the listed race over a mile and six. This horse has been largely disappointing but at his level he has thrown in a couple of decent runs where the impression one had was that a step into staying company would really benefit him. He ran well at the beginning of the month cutting out a good pace in a listed race over 12f at Ascot only to get swallowed up by Agent Murphy and others in the last furlong - however he battled back and would have been a clear second if the race had been over 10/20 yards further. The winner that day is a very nice type and the form has been franked since. He looks sure to improve over this step up in trip and I think 8/1 is excessive.

    I have a tracker horse in action at Newmarket in the 3.20. Like Saigon City Watersmeet conceded plenty of ground veering from a straight line in his last race but unlike Cumani's charge he runs over the same distance (and course for that matter) this time around and again I think he's a tad overpriced. The market for this race is made by Penhill who looks a nice type but at 2/1 is very short. With ten runners and a shortie to take on Watersmeet is a solid each way bet and if he stays straight should go close.

    I've gone each way on Red Galileo also. Partly because a losing streak can sometimes turn me into a pussy, but also because like Penhill in the Watersmeet race I believe the favourite in this, Clever Cookie, is also a bit short. He carries a penalty for his win at Chester earlier in the month and that race didn't take a huge amount of winning with Tac De Boistron carrying a boffo penalty himself.

LLP Grand Cup:
Red Galileo £20ew @ 8/1 (4th)

Winner.co.uk Handicap:
Watersmeet £20ew @ 8/1 (won)

(-535)

No comments:

Post a Comment