01/05/2015

Newmarket - 2nd May


                                                                      Haafhd - 2004


    I've already posted my thoughts on the 2000 Guineas having backed Estidhkaar at 12's after his second in the Greenham Stakes at Newbury a fortnight ago. Most of Hannon's charges seem to be needing their debut run of the season and with that in mind I loved the way he battled back once headed that day and whilst this is a really tough event I'm happy enough with the price - I've just topped up at 9.6 on the machine. The two contenders from Ballydoyle both look short enough for me first time out but finding value in classics is always tough as we're so much in the dark in terms of
being able to analyse ability levels and trip requirements this early in these horses careers. Compare and contrast with all aged events later in the season where the form is laid bare to a much larger extent and one can see that you really need a price to get involved. I did mention last season that I don't do well with double figure priced horses in conditions events and I do have a budget for these bets (it was £100 last season and is doubled this) but the Classics and the Arc are races where I am more likely to play at those type odds.

2000 Guineas:
Estidhkaar £60w @ 10/1 (lost)

(-120)

                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment