03/05/2015

Newmarket - 3rd May


                                                                    Finsceal Beo - 2007


    Estidhkaar ran no sort of race in the 2000 Guineas yesterday but like I said in my post on Friday evening, it's a tough ask to find the winner of the race. I suppose Gleneagles backers will smile wryly at that comment.

    I've done my money on the 1000 already really with High Celebrity being injured but the Tiggy Wiggy/Anthem Alexander/Cursory Glance formline from the Lowther (best 2yo race of last season imo) that she represented via her staying on third behind the first two named in the Cheveley Park is sort of tenuously represented by 11/2 shot today Lucida who was second behind Cursory Glance in the Moyglare. Like Finsceal Beo she is trained by Jim Bolger and won the Rockfel last season and that's enough for me to get involved in what looks a weakish renewal. I don't think she's an amazing price by any means but I have a far better record in the 1000 than the 2000 and it's a race that tends to go to one of the better 2yos rather than an unexposed one. Stakes are low because she's not my main choice for the race and I've doubled her with Angel Gabrial who I think has a cracking chance in the Chester Cup on Wednesday, a race I'll make more comment on later in the week.


1000 Guineas:
High Celebrity £15 (nr)
Lucida £25w @ 11/2 (2nd)

Lucida(2nd)Angel Gabrial(Chester Cup) £10ew dbl @ 11/2 and 14/1

(-160)
                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment